Our School App Stay connected on the go...
How the Governing Body Works
The governing body has a number of key responsibilities which are delegated to it by The Trustees of the Great North Wood Education Trust and set out in the Scheme of Delegation approved by the Trust and published on its website.
- Set the strategic direction, vision and ethos of the school
- monitor and challenge the progress of the school in achieving its priorities
- recruit and performance manage the headteacher
- exercise employer responsibility
- ensure the school meets its statutory responsibilities
- ensure the premises are well managed
- report to the school’s stakeholders
The working of the Local Governing Body is set out in the Scheme of Delegation of The Great North Wood Education Trust
The governors carry out these functions through its meetings held 5 times per year and visits to the school.
Some governors have specific named responsibilities. These currently are
|Children Looked After (by the Local Authority)||Sandy Brooks|
|Health and Safety||David Timms|
|Families Forum||Verona Coultart|
|Pupil Premium||Joan O'Mahony|
|Safeguarding & Child Protection||Nick Woodward|
|SEN and Inclusion||Holly Mann|
|Training and Development||Joan O’Mahony|