How the Governing Board Works
The governing board has a number of key responsibilities which are delegated to it by The Trustees of the Dunraven Educational Trust (the 'Trust') and set out in the scheme of delegation approved by the Trust and published on its website.
- monitor and challenge the progress of the school in achieving its priorities
- monitor the schools finances in line with the allocated budget
- recruit and performance manage the headteacher
- ensure the school meets its statutory responsibilities
- ensure the premises are well managed
- community engagement
The working of the Local Governing Body is set out in the Trust's scheme of delegation
The governors carry out these functions through its meetings held 5 times per year and visits to the school.
Some governors have specific named responsibilities. These currently are
|Health and Safety||David Timms|
|Pupil Premium||Joan O'Mahony|
|Safeguarding & Child Protection||Nick Woodward|
|SEN and Inclusion||Holly Mann|
|Training and Development||Joan O’Mahony|