Parent and Carers Forum
The Parents’ and Carers Forum is open to any parent or carer of a child at the school. It is a friendly, informal meeting held every term and Mr Bergin, the Headteacher is always there.
The role of the Parent and Carers’ Forum is to provide a space where parents and carers can be consulted to help inform and support the school’s planning and where they can also be given advice and information about the school and how best to support their children’s learning. We welcome all parents and carers to come along – you do not need any experience and can simply come and hear what’s going on – but we’d be delighted if you’d like to share your ideas too. To try to ensure that as many people as possible can attend, we hold the meetings at parent-friendly times – on Saturday mornings from 10.30am – 12pm and Thursday evenings from 7 – 8.30pm
Governors, staff members and PPF Directors attend as observers, and we often invite members of staff to speak on a particular issue of interest to parents and carers.
The governing body of the school remains the decision making and provider of strategic leadership for the school. The Parent and Carers’ Forum is the place for parents and carers to feedback, to raise questions and make suggestions about ways the school could improve. It is not the right place to raise individual complaints and issues. If you have a concern about individual children, families or a teacher please respect their privacy and raise this directly with the school via your child’s tutor. (NB: The school’s complaints policies and methods of resolving disputes or disagreements are all on the school’s website or available from reception).
Parents and Carers Forum benefit as follows:-
- We have a place where we can come together, share ideas and put forward our views to the head teacher and governing body of the school.
- Our active involvement in decision-making is increased, reinforcing the school’s commitment to working in partnership with parents and carers.
- We get the support and advice we need to help and encourage our children with their learning.
- We have more information about our children’s education and the quality of that education.
- We can build our own confidence, skills and social networks, improving our own personal development and increase our employability.
- The Parent and Carers Forum helps to break down barriers, perceived or actual, between the school and parents/carers who are less involved in the school.
- The Parent and Carers Forum also helps to improve working relationships between the school and parents/carers who are already involved in the school.
Updates on the matters discussed at each meeting are shared in School News.
Dates for future meetings:
|23 November 2019 (Saturday)|
|30 January 2020 (Thursday)|
|14 March 2020 (Saturday)|
|21 May 2020 (Thursday)|
|11 July 2020 (Saturday)|
For more information please contact Kate Scrase on email@example.com or Alison Moran, Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for the Parents and Carers Forum on firstname.lastname@example.org